LiveArgyll currently works in partnership with Scottish Swimming to deliver swimming lessons to children and adults throughout Argyll and Bute. The Learn to Swim program, part of the National Framework for Swimming in Scotland, aims to raise standards and achieve consistency in swimming programmes across Scotland. The framework is an all-inclusive pathway providing opportunities for everyone to participate at a level that suits them.
Our LiveArgyll qualified Swimming Teachers are currently delivering swimming lessons to approximately 1500 children throughout our 4 facilities in Dunoon, Helensburgh, Rothesay and Campbeltown to ensure they are safe and confident swimmers whilst developing lifelong skills.
We require Swimming Programme Volunteers to be a minimum of 14 years old.
Your time commitment will be:
- Delivery of our weekly 30 minutes swimming lessons. Session times and days will vary in each LiveArgyll Swim School.
Your involvement will be:
- assisting our qualified swimming teachers with the delivery of the weekly swimming lessons in conjunction with Scottish Swimming’s learn to swim framework (the framework is an all-inclusive pathway providing opportunities for everyone to participate at a level that suits them)
Your opportunity is:
- receiving training for the role of swimming programme volunteer
- being part of a team and receiving on-going support from the LiveArgyll Swimming
Co-ordinators and Swimming Teachers
- support children’s learning in a safe, fun and progressive way and develop a love of swimming teaching
- enhancing your CV by gaining valuable experience supporting children and young people
- helping our children get the best start in life and learn a valuable life skill
- to complete the new National Scottish Swimming Teacher Qualification (SSTQ)
Your training will include:
- a full induction
- 1st Aid training, child protection training and support in achieving a nationally recognised Award or Qualification in your sporting discipline where appropriate
- additional training on the specific tasks and responsibilities that you are undertaking supporting the delivery of weekly sessions
The skills we are looking for are:
- open, warm, friendly and enthusiastic
- good communication and listening skills
- ability to interact effectively with children, parents and carers of all ages and abilities
- commitment to the role, excellent timekeeping
- being reliable and responsible
- a passion for swimming
Who should you contact?
If you are interested in the role, or would just like a little bit more information please contact email@example.com
|Leisure and Sport