Would you like to use your skills and broaden your own experience while making a difference to others and assist them to overcome challenges and barriers to enable and support them to explore options and take ‘the next step’ towards a positive future for themselves and you will make a huge difference to people’s lives?
If so, then you should consider becoming a volunteer with the Community Learning team.
We have volunteer positions within Adult Learning supporting adults 16+ who have left school and within our Youth Services team supporting young people with Youth Work programmes.
Your time commitment will be:
- Variable to meet the demand of the service and your availability
Your involvement will be:
Adult Learning Services: through a range of topics such as literacy and numeracy, employability, confidence building, creative skills and basic IT. This is through one to one support or working with small groups.
Youth Services: supporting young people through a range of varied Youth Work programmes and activities such as encouraging young people to have a voice through Youth Action Groups or supporting our Youth Volunteer activities programme GIVE which sees young people supporting and giving back to their local communities.
Your opportunity is:
- demonstrating and improving communication skills and confidence
- gaining training and experience which may help you to gain employment in the future
- gaining valuable experience to put on your CV
- inspiring others and put your skills to good use
- meeting new people and working as a team
- supporting the learning of children and/or adults
Your training will include:
- a comprehensive induction with on-going training and support
The skills we are looking for are:
- sociable and easy to talk to
- patient and resourceful
- good at motivating and inspiring Adults or Young People
- organised and committed
- passion for learning
- can take a social practice approach
- thoughtful and non-judgemental about interacting with people from diverse backgrounds
- deliver learning in a non–informal way
If you are interested in the role, or would just like a little bit more information please contact email@example.com