Bookbug is a national initiative in partnership with the Scottish Book Trust. Sessions are free, friendly and fun-filled for parents and carers to enjoy with babies, toddlers and preschoolers involving song, stories and rhymes, encouraging mums, dads and carers to sing and share stories with children from birth. Children love these interactive sessions.
The Bookbug sessions help improve children’s speech, language and brain development, along with social and emotional skills. We require Bookbug volunteers to be a minimum of 18 years old.
Your time commitment will be:
- Committing to assisting with our weekly 30 minutes sessions. Session times and days will vary in each LiveArgyll Library
Your involvement will be:
- assisting in the delivery of the weekly Bookbug sessions, always working alongside LiveArgyll library staff
Your opportunity is:
- receiving full training for the volunteer role of Bookbug Volunteer
- being part of a team and receiving on-going support from the LiveArgyll Libraries staff
- supporting children’s learning in a fun way and develop a love of books
- enhancing your CV by gaining valuable experience supporting children and families
- helping our children get the best start in life
Your training will include:
- attending a full one day nationally recognised Bookbug training course
- extra training on the specific tasks that you are undertaking supporting the delivery of weekly sessions
The skills we are looking for are:
- being open, warm, friendly and enthusiastic
- good communication skills
- the ability to interact effectively with children, parents and carers
- commitment to the role, excellent timekeeping and reliability
- being reliable and responsible
Who should you contact?
If you are interested in the role, or would just like a little bit more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Library Service|