Do you love sport? Would you like the opportunity to share your sporting skills, ability and experience supporting children and young people to participate regularly in sport? Think of the benefits that 30 mins of your time a week will bring to them, please apply now!
About Active Schools & Sports Development
The Active Schools programme, in partnership with sportscotland is an initiative with the aim of increasing the number of children and young people participating in school and community sport and activity. The LiveArgyll Active Schools team builds capacity through the recruitment, retention and development of a network of fantastic volunteers to deliver sport in schools and the wider community. It is recognised that increasing participation opportunities for children is critical to a lifetime’s involvement in activity helping them lead enriched and more active lives.
LiveArgyll also employs a team of sports Development staff, including a Football Development Officer and a Senior Sports Coach. As well as the LiveArgyll staff, we also work in partnership to deploy Development Officers for Shinty and Rugby. The aim of the sports development is to increase participation in sport, and promote active lifestyles.
We require Sports Coaches to be a minimum of 16 years old.
Your time commitment will be:
- delivering our weekly 30 minutes to 1 hour sessions (session times and days will vary in each LiveArgyll facility or School)
Your involvement will be:
- Volunteer sports coaches will lead the delivery of the weekly sport sessions
Your opportunity is:
- gaining full training for the volunteer role of Sports Coach Volunteer
- being part of a team and receiving on-going support from the LiveArgyll Active Schools and Sport staff
- supporting children’s learning in a fun way and develop a love of sport
- enhancing your CV by gaining valuable experience supporting children and young people
- helping our children get the best start in life
Your training will include:
- a full induction and on-going support
- 1st Aid training, child protection training and support in achieving a nationally recognised Award or Qualification in your sporting discipline where appropriate
- additional training on the specific tasks and responsibilities that you are undertaking supporting the delivery of weekly sessions
The skills we are looking for:
- open, warm, friendly and enthusiastic
- good communication skills
- ability to interact effectively with children, parents and carers
commitment to the role, excellent timekeeping
- being reliable and responsible
Who should you contact?
If you are interested in the role, or would just like a little bit more information please contact email@example.com
|Job Category||Leisure and Sport|